Job Title: Finance Assistant Job Type: Full time, salaried (monthly) Location: London: 9 Bonhill Street, EC2A 4PE (primary) Line Manager: Financial Controller Responsible to: Country Integration Manager and Chief Financial Officer Salary Level: Subject to skills, experience and behaviours (refer below) Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (Additional hours may be required)
Summary: Best Union UK Ltd. (BU), part of Best Union Company S.p.A, develops, sells, implements, supports and maintains ticketing systems under the trading names of enta Ticketing Solutions, OmniTicket Network and Charta. Our systems are widely used in a diversity of sectors to include stadia, arenas, theatres, theme parks, museums, galleries and visitor attractions in the UK, EU, Middle East, Australia and USA.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· To comply with all legislative or accounting related control practices e.g. Sarbanes Oxley as directed by the Financial Controller
· Management of purchase and sales ledger as directed by the Financial Controller with an emphasis on accurate entry/coding and timely execution
· Prepare VAT reconciliations and assist with payroll & relevant HR procedures
· Monitor debtors list and resolve any non-payment issues in conjunction with relevant stakeholders in order to meet the financial needs of the business and the strategic goals of the Company
· Assist Financial Controller with month end, quarter end, half yearly accounts and year-end close to include financial audits as and when required
· Follow established procedures for processing purchase orders, invoices, supplier statements, timesheets, staff expenses, petty cash receipts, etc. with an emphasis on accurate entry/coding and timely execution
· Liaise with nominated suppliers to place equipment orders and/or the provision of ancillary services in line with agreed contractual/commercial terms
· Interface with end-user customers, internal BU departments and/or divisions (non-UK) to provide regular financial information (or commentary) to include answering financial queries, inter-departmental/company recharges, etc.
· Maintain filing and archiving systems for all financial documentation; purchase orders, invoices, supplier statements, timesheets, staff expenses, petty cash receipts, etc.
· Write business correspondence and/or reports as and when required
· Document client contact in accordance with company policy and procedures
· Co-ordinate office facilities (London) and provide ad-hoc office administration support as and when required
Skills, experience and behaviours:
· Qualified, part-qualified or studying for an industry recognised qualification e.g. AAT, ACCA or CIMA
· Excel (pivot tables and v-lookups)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information to a wide range of audiences; end users, technical staff, vendors, departmental and senior management
· Proven analytical experience in a commercial environment
· Previous experience of Quick Books
· 3+ years experience in a similar role
· European language(s)
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
· Commercial sensibility and business acumen
· A rigorous approach to work and an eye for detail
· A highly motivated and conscientious individual with the ability to work well under pressure, to make key decisions and to motivate others
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to act and learn on his/her own initiative and execute objectives without day-to-day supervision
· Ability to use self-initiative as well as work within a team
· Pro-active attitude; you must have the drive to succeed
· Pro-active nature; a flexible approach to hours of work and location of duties
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description, please submit your current CV including full employment and education information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd May 2014 together with your salary expectations.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
All roles at Best Union UK Ltd. are subject to full background screening.
Best Union UK Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.